Booking Terms & Conditions
Terms of Payment
To secure a booking, payment of 50% deposit of the total fee is required.
- The balance of payment is due 7 days prior to the arrival date. Failure to pay by the due date may result in cancellation of your booking. Bookings made within 14 days of arrival will need to be paid in full at time of booking.
- If you require access to the wine fridge, a bond amount of $1,000 will be required via credit card prior to your arrival and will be processed separately prior to arrival date. This will be returned within 72 hours upon departure should the property be considered satisfactory.
- If final payment is not made 14 days prior to the arrival date, we have the right to cancel the booking and attempt to re-let the property.
- Cancellations notified more than 60 days prior to the arrival date are entitled to a full refund less a $150.00 administration fee. Cancellations notified 60 days or less and more than 30 days prior to the date booked will forfeit 50% of the total booking. Cancellations less than 30 days prior to arrival will not be entitled to a refund of monies paid.
- If you do not arrive and/or stay for the entire number of booked nights, no refund will be given.
- Benbullen Retreat is a 5-bedroom, 3-bathroom exclusive occupancy property which can accommodate up to 10 persons only. (Adults or children – children are considered 2 years or more and are considered part of the maximum occupancy and must utilize existing bedding. If a port-a-cot is required, please advise us at the time of booking).
- No additional persons are permitted to stay overnight. No pets allowed.
- Benbullen Retreat offers guests a secluded getaway on 11 acres of parkland. No functions or events are to be held on property without owners’ prior approval. An event charge will be applicable at the owner’s discretion.
- If you wish to invite another person/s to visit you during your stay, you need to make arrangements to do so with us as we incur additional costs (both directly and through wear and tear) when additional people use the property facilities and grounds.
- We do allow our facilities to be used as a venue to get ready for a wedding. However, you must inform us of this when booking.
- 2 nights minimum stay other than long weekends and public holidays which may attract a longer minimum stay requirement.
Collection of Keys
- A confirmation email will be sent 24 hours prior to your arrival detailing access codes to gain entry to the retreat. We do ask you provide an ETA of your arrival so we can ensure the property is well prepared (ie heating/cooling on) ready for your comfort.
Check In – Check Out
Benbullen is available from 2pm on the day of arrival and is to be vacated by 11am on the day of departure. Early arrivals and late checkouts are at the discretion of management and must be requested at the time of booking. Late departures will incur a fee at the discretion of the owner.
Excess Cleaning and Damages
We appreciate that the Retreat and its surrounds will be returned to us in the condition presented on arrival. Any excessing cleaning required (including the oven, BBQ and general grounds) will incur an additional charge of $100/hour. Where smoking has taken place within the Retreat, we reserve the right to apply a minimum $250.00 fee charged to the bond.
Benbullen Retreat is furnished for your pleasure. All décor items, artwork, linen, furniture, soft furnishings, appliances etc are the property of Benbullen and may not be removed from the property. If any property is damaged or removed, you will be responsible for replacing or liable for the cost to replace any items. This will be either charged to your credit card or payable on invoice without negotiation.
All personal belongings, baggage, vehicles and other property of the guests shall be the risk of the guests and the owner does not accept responsibility for any loss of damage thereto.
A complimentary mid stay service is included in the tariff for all bookings 8 nights and over.
Maintenance: For reasons of safety, we reserve the right to enter the property to repair any fault.
The Wine Fridge: The fridge is stocked with wine for guests’ convenience and is managed via an honor system. The wines are of differing value. Please make your selections wisely and ensure the form identifying your purchase is completed accurately. Payment will be deducted from your credit card upon vacating the property. Please ask all persons before departure regarding their consumption as the person who made the booking will be responsible for payment.
If your booking with an arrival date less than 30 days is affected by Co-Vid19 (due to lockdowns, border closure, guest quarantining) we will allow for the booking to be rescheduled to a date within 12 months of the original booking.